On behalf of OnPointe, I’d like to take this opportunity to wish you all a fantastic 2013! With January almost behind us, I hope you’re as excited to get back to classes as I am!
Classes will be kicking off again on 4 February 2013.
Please note that all classes are moving to our Sea Point studio this year, located at 54 Regent Street, Sea Point (directly across the road from New York Bagel and Primi Piatti).
We have changed our class structure a little and are very excited about our new “Foundations of Contemporary” course that we will be offering for those new to Contemporary and dance in general.
Please note that space is all classes is limited to 10 students on a first come, first serve basis. So be sure to book your place in advance to avoid disappointment.
Foundations of Contemporary (Course)
- When: Wednesdays 19.00 – 20.00
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Next start date: 6 February 2013
- Focus: This course is structured around a syllabus designed to give those new to contemporary a good grounding in the absolute basics of contemporary dance.
- What to expect: Have fun, get a great workout, meet new people and learn the basic movements and principles of Contemporary to prepare you for more advanced classes.
- Cost: R450 for the 6-week course
- When: Wednesdays 18.00 – 19.00
- Duration: Ongoing
- Focus: The emphasis in these classes is on movement, fitness, short routines, technique and the pure enjoyment of dance
- What to expect: Get a great workout and simply enjoy the movement in dance. You can expect a good balance between some technical and strength training as well as short routines that are sometimes designed to make you work up a sweat, and other times, to push your boundaries as a dancer. No 2 classes are the same!
- Cost: R80 for a drop-in or R240 per month
Intermediate classes and repertoire (by request or invitation only)
- When: Mondays 18.00 – 19.30 (20.00 when preparing for performance)
- Duration: Ongoing
- Focus: These classes are intended for the more experienced dancers who take their dancing seriously and want to develop technique and performance repertoire. An ongoing commitment to these classes is required the group will perform a minimum of twice per year.
- What to expect: The emphasis of these classes is on technical and performance training with the Directors of iKapa Dance Theatre, while building a repertoire of performance pieces. Dancers will learn more advanced techniques and have a great deal of fun while being pushed to, and beyond, their limits!
- Cost: R500 per month (which includes the Wednesday open classes)
As mentioned, booking for all classes and courses is essential as we will be limiting our classes to 10 students per class. Payment is required in advance of the 1st day of each month in order to keep your place in a class. To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call me on 083 417 0006 for more information.
I look forward to dancing through 2013 with many of you and thank you for the incredible support so far.
Yours in dance,